lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Mailing passwords

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Mailing passwords
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:04:37 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Derek T wrote:

I created a user, but I'm getting no e-mail confirmation, and I've looked through all server logs I can think of, and there's no errors. Just no e-mail.

Then I tried changing the password for that user, I got:

"The e-mail could not be sent. Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function... "

But the mail is working fine. Any ideas?

What it means is, the php function 'mail' might be disabled on your host. I'm not sure if there is a workaround for this problem... It's odd that your host disabled mail, there are so many web apps that depend on it.

As a short term solution you can turn on debug mode at the top of debug.php, and this will spit out the password at the bottom of the page when registering a new user.

let me know if you find anything else out.

john
--
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org