lyceum-users - Re: [Lyceum-users] Sitename Suggestion

  • From: John Joseph Bachir <jjb AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: Rick Beckman <rick.beckman AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Lyceum-users] Sitename Suggestion
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 23:46:56 -0500 (EST)

great idea

make a ticket

http://source.ibiblio.org/trac/lyceum/newticket

(i am too drunk)

jjb

On Wed, 1 Mar 2006, Rick Beckman wrote:

I just went through and replaced all user-facing references to
Lyceum/ibiblio save for the "powered by" reference, so that my (still
future) users won't see things like "only users on this Lyceum may
comment."

I'm going to wager that the average blogger wouldn't know what "this
Lyceum" is, even if they are using a site powered by it. Perhaps a
globally available variable with the site name specified on install
could be substituted into such places in the future (including, for
example, the link back to portal.php the default theme's sidebar).

"only registered users of The SuperBloggers may comment" (or whatever)
would make more sense and be more accessible, I think.

--
God bless,
Rick Beckman