lyceum-dev - [Lyceum-dev] cookie configuration problem

lyceum-dev AT lists.ibiblio.org

  • From: fusion AT ibiblio.org
  • To: lyceum-dev AT lists.ibiblio.org, lyceum-users AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Lyceum-dev] cookie configuration problem
  • Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 14:48:05 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone, I'm a new Lyceum dev and we recently discovered an interesting
problem while setting
up my installation. In short, you may have problems if you set MAINDOMAIN
equal to 'localhost' in
wp-config. Wordpress will think it is successfully setting cookies for users
while the browser
does not receive them. This has to do with the fact that the cookie spec
outlines that there must
be a certain number of periods within the domain name, and of course
'localhost' doesn't follow
normal domain name conventions. Thus you may need to use the server's actual
IP address or
equivalent domain name for this variable.

- Jameson Lopp