livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Good nutrition begins in healthy soils

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: herb farmer <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Good nutrition begins in healthy soils
  • Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 09:40:34 -0600

Good nutrition begins in healthy soils

http://www.theecologist.org/essays/2988077/good_nutrition_begins_in_healthy_soils.html

There's no such thing as 'healthy food' if it's not produced by sustainable farming systems on living soils, Patrick Holden told the recent 'Food: The Forgotten Medicine' conference. But after 70 years of industrial farming, there's a huge job to be done to restore our depleted soils and the impoverished genetic diversity of our seeds and crops.