livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] sequestering atmospheric carbon in soils via regenerative ag practices

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: dhondt <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] sequestering atmospheric carbon in soils via regenerative ag practices
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 18:17:24 +0000

Storm no 4 wiped out our telephone and internet for a week so I am a bit behind.
I think there is no way intelligent people can not agree with the French government on this but reality is still pushing the wrong way.
The world lost 1/3 of it's fertile soils in the last few decades and this continues unabated.

Right here in my own back yard we suffered floods that caused major damage to a large part of the population. No wonder all the talk programs on the radio stations were looking for solutions and the most heard solution was to deepen out rivers so that the water could be gotten rid of faster (and cause floods for others lower down). The real reasons we have more floods than ever are still not talked about let alone reversed.
Farmers are still penalized if they have any other vegetation but rye grass on their ground (this is cattle and sheep country). Mountains are still denuded by yearly burning and sheep over grazing.
People are people and rather stupid on average and governments are no better if not worse.
John