livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] 10 Ways to Conserve Water in Your Garden

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: dhondt <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] 10 Ways to Conserve Water in Your Garden
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 20:54:21 +0100

Generally good advice but I had some doubts about keeping the grass short. Even in dry periods longer grass collects so much dew here at night that it forms a self watering system. I estimate that a liter of water would run down the leaves per square foot in any give night. That would of course not happen when the air is dry to start with.
John

10 Ways to Conserve Water in Your Garden

http://www.ehow.com/info_12340125_10-ways-conserve-water-garden.html?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_687831