livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Monsanto Suggests RoundUp Herbicide Treatment For Many Crops Right Before Harvest, Not Just RoundUp Ready GMOs

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Arzeena Hamir <arzeenahamir@shaw.ca>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Monsanto Suggests RoundUp Herbicide Treatment For Many Crops Right Before Harvest, Not Just RoundUp Ready GMOs
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 16:34:32 -0800

We just harvested arugula, baby bok choi and mizuna from our unheated polytunnels.

This winter's been particularly bad for greens that normally survive outside. Even the red russian kale looks miserable from repeated hard frosts and then warm rains.

Come February, I hope to be harvesting more mizuna plus claytonia from the polytunnels. Other Asian greens also grow very well here (komatsuna, giant red mustard) but our customer base isn't very multicultural and we have trouble selling some of the more unusual greens as bunching greens. We might give microgreens a try this year.

Arzeena

Amara Farm
Courtenay, BC
(250) 702-5657