livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Thanks to meat, farming emissions set for 80% rise

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: John D'hondt <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Thanks to meat, farming emissions set for 80% rise
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 00:50:48 +0000

What kept us alive as a farming family was that we were very nearly self sufficient food wise. We bake our own bread from self made meal and flour, with our own milk and eggs. We have all our own meat and vegetables and fruit even wine, beer and honey. If we had concentrated on selling all that we would have gone down the tube long ago. Food is too cheap by far especially since you would have to compete against industrial, chemical "products".
Mind you, most of what we did was against rules and regulations if not illegal. The only way in fact to keep going is not to sell and attract undue attention from you know who.
John