livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] The Milan Protocol - Barilla Center for Food andNutrition

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] The Milan Protocol - Barilla Center for Food andNutrition
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 21:27:27 -0600

Yeah the 0.1% is there. I think there are counterweights to them tho. Like the traditional company behind the Milan thing. Barilla pasta goes way back at Parma, Italy, as do families involved with Slow Food http://www.slowfood.com/ with Carlo Petrini, & Terra Madre http://www.terramadre.info/ . Tho these were originated in Italy they have worldwide networks actively changing the world food systems.

I don't really know much about all that, but as it happens Barilla is the only pasta Barb buys, same as when she was growing up. Maybe the 0.1% won't let some things change, but then there are some things THEY can't change either.

paul

All in favour, of course. But what about the .1 % that have such an enormous stake in not letting anything change?
john

The Milan Protocol - Barilla Center for Food and Nutrition
http://www.milanprotocol.com/