livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Who Knew? Organic Foods Contain a Dose of GMOs

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Who Knew? Organic Foods Contain a Dose of GMOs
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 17:27:51 +0100

Probably not the general public. Most animal feed stuff is gmo and the quantities imported are huge in Ireland since this is mainly a beef producing country with no suitable climate to grow feed crops except gras. It seems that our dep of ag tests for gmo but they are not allowed by Monsanto to do this efficient. They have to take a few seeds out of a container ship and then go looking for very specific genetic markers supplied by Monsanto in these seeds individually. Seems wide open for corruption.

Other than that most industrial food stuffs seem to contain soy and corn and high fructose corn syrup and god knows what else and that can really only come from the non- organic US.

We eat almost nothing else than what we can produce ourselves (which is a hell of a lot). And many people we know buy only bulk organic beans, rice or other grains.

John

I see "Who knew" used to imply people should have known. Sadly I get resistance telling folks Whole Foods chain has on average 20% products with GMOs & Roundup etc. UR prob doing bettter than we are at avoiding toxics.

Most in Europe interested in organic food knew Paul.
John

Who Knew? Organic Foods Contain a Dose of GMOs

http://sandiegofreepress.org/2014/05/who-knew-organic-foods-contain-a-dose-of-gmos/#.U3wbp1f3uZQ

---