livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Peak Food. It’s Here.

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Peak Food. It’s Here.
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 23:20:59 +0100

Maybe, although that is still not visible in Europe. I still see vegetables and meat being sold below production price.
So one of the first thinghs I wonder about when prices do rise is who makes the extra profit : the primary producer or the dealers.

One point in the article : feeding pigs blood to pigs or cow brains to cows and the disease effects that produces.
I have been battling pests such as slugs or occasional beetles or bugs with homeopatically diluted solutions of these dead pests quite succesfully. This is species specific. A dilution of dead liver fluke has an effect on living liver fluke but not on any other flat- or other worm. Stink bugs don't like a dilution of dead stink bugs and it has no effect on other insects.
So I can well imagine that there is an effect when you feed pigs blood to pigs.

John

Peak Food. It’s Here.
http://www.dailyimpact.net/2014/04/30/peak-food-its-here/