livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Roundup Herbicide 125 Times More Toxic ThanRegulators Say

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Roundup Herbicide 125 Times More Toxic ThanRegulators Say
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 20:17:25 +0100

Yes and I am not convinced after reading the article that they had the intention to prove toxicity that much. For instance with testing mitochondrial succinate dehydrogenase. One enzyme, when it is known that glyphosate/roundup affects multiple if not all enzyme systems and all other systems in a cell such as DNA transcription.
Roundup is also much more persistent in the environment than we have been told. It was developed as a chelator of multiple ions. Once it is fully loaded with these ions it can go dormant for years in the soil. One application of phosphate fertilizer or even compost made from chicken manure can wake it up and lead to "Sudden Plant Death", this is killing a growing crop over often huge areas.
John

Roundup Herbicide 125 Times More Toxic Than Regulators Say
http://www.thesleuthjournal.com/roundup-herbicide-125-times-toxic-regulators-say/