livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Brace for Impact: Surviving the Crash of the Industrial Age by Thomas A. Lewis

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Brace for Impact: Surviving the Crash of the Industrial Age by Thomas A. Lewis
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2014 20:31:32 -0600

Brace for Impact: Surviving the Crash of the Industrial Age by Thomas A. Lewis http://www.dailyimpact.net/2013/05/01/brace-for-impact-featured-in-major-e-magazine/#more-1759

Thomas A. Lewis lives on a sustainable-ready farm somewhere in West Virginia. A veteran journalist, editor and broadcaster, he served for several years as a roving editor for National Wildlife Magazine, during which time he wrote the authoritative “EQ Index,” an annual review of the state of the US environment that also appeared in The World Almanac. He was the series editor for the acclaimed Time-Life Books series on the earth sciences, “Planet Earth.” He is the author of six books. This article was adapted from his latest, Brace for Impact: Surviving the Crash of the Industrial Age, which was just released as a second-edition paperback and is available on Amazon.com. He writes The Daily Impact, a website that chronicles the ongoing, slow-motion collapse of industrial civilization.

we don't have to agree with all the apocalyptic scenarios, but we do have to realize sustainability is not a joke, and farming is at the heart of it

  • [Livingontheland] Brace for Impact: Surviving the Crash of the Industrial Age by Thomas A. Lewis, tradingpost, 04/12/2014