livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Exposed Lies, Fallen Empire GMO

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Exposed Lies, Fallen Empire GMO
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 07:20:14 -0600

Don't let Monsanto take this one away.

Dear Organic Consumer,

Dozens of supermarket chains and natural health stores have declared that
they won't sell GMO salmon in their stores, even if the FDA approves it.

Grocery stores, including major retail chains, are starting to voluntarily
label GMO-foods and, in some cases, get rid of them altogether.

The Grocery Manufacturers Association, desperate to prevent state GMO
labeling laws, is peddling a bill in Congress that would preempt state
laws-but they've yet to find a single sponsor in Congress.
We're winning, one battle at a time. But until we bring down Monsanto's evil empire for good, we still have work to do. If you help us raise $200,000 by midnight, March 31, two donors-Mercola.com and Dr. Bronner's Magic Soaps-will pitch in to match our $200,000 by donating $100,000 each. We'll use that $400,000 to fight for state GMO labeling laws, and county bans on GMO crops.

Since January 1, 2014, the Organic Consumers' network has donated $165,000 to
the Vermont state GMO labeling campaign and $15,000 to the Maryland state GMO
labeling campaign.

We've also donated a total of $80,000 to campaigns in Oregon to ban the
growing of GMO crops in several counties there.

Next week, we'll send the first $100,000 of our $500,000 pledge to support a
state ballot initiative in Oregon, an initiative that will require mandatory
labeling of foods containing GMO ingredients.

Many of you helped us raise millions of dollars for state ballot initiatives
in California and Washington State, only to be disappointed when Monsanto and
Big Food squeaked by with narrow wins. I was disappointed, too.

But you can't put a price on exposed lies and damaged reputations. What you
helped us accomplish in California and Washington State has cracked the
foundation of Monsanto's evil, monopolistic empire.

Now we need to finish the job.

Like you, I look forward to the day when we no longer have to raise money to
fight for the basic right to know what's in our food-and the right to ban the
growing of crops, and the manufacture of foods, that are poisoning our soil,
air and water, and ruining our health.

Until then, we're all in this together.

Every donation made [LINK TO COME] by midnight, March 31, no matter how large
or small, will bring us closer to our goal of $200,000-and that much closer
to matching funds from Mercola.com and Dr. Bronner's.

Thank you!,

Ronnie Cummins
National Director, Organic Consumers Association and Organic Consumers Fund

P.S. Funds donated directly to campaigns must be raised through the Organic
Consumers Fund, our allied 501(c)4 lobbying arm. If you need to make a
tax-deductible donation, please donate [LINK TO COME] to our 501(c)3
nonprofit. Your donation will indirectly support our GMO bans and labeling
laws by funding our ongoing education and media work.

  • [Livingontheland] Exposed Lies, Fallen Empire GMO, tradingpost, 03/14/2014