livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Farmers get desperate as coal and oil take over the rails

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Farmers get desperate as coal and oil take over the rails
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 10:32:50 -0600

Grainspotting: Farmers get desperate as coal and oil take over the rails

http://grist.org/news/grainspotting-farmers-get-desperate-as-coal-and-oil-take-over-the-rails/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Daily%2520March%252010&utm_campaign=daily

Which means everything shipped by rail gets more and more expensive. Build more rails? No, then I'd guess we better get used to growing for local consumption. And free ourselves from corporate price fixing.

  • [Livingontheland] Farmers get desperate as coal and oil take over the rails, tradingpost, 03/11/2014