livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Roundup 'Weed Killer' Threatens Coral Reefs, Persists In Seawater

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Roundup 'Weed Killer' Threatens Coral Reefs, Persists In Seawater
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 16:56:47 -0000

Yes and roundup was the most toxic of 9 different pesticides and insecticides tested on human cells in vitro (test tubes) recently. (please don't ask for a reference. Even if this is only a week old it would take me hours to find it back) We have known for a long time that it persists in soil too. Glyphosate started life as a chelator, it binds in soil to different minerals and becomes then a sleeper. Years later it can become active again especially after application of phosphate fertiliser and can then wipe out a crop as far as the eye can see. This is called "sudden crop death" and it happens more and more all the time.
John

----- Original Message ----- From: "tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
Roundup 'Weed Killer' Threatens Coral Reefs, Persists In Seawater
http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/roundup-weed-killer-threatens-coral-reefs-persists-seawater?utm_source=Master+List&utm_campaign=9d178a7212-Greenmedinfo&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_af50e1f25a-9d178a7212-87624469