livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Winter Gardening

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Winter Gardening
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2013 09:59:17 -0600

Winter Gardening Tips: Best Winter Crops and Cold-Hardy Varieties

Don’t limit your harvests to summer! No matter your region, you can grow cold-hardy winter crops that have proven they can take biting temps. Just follow these winter gardening tips from one of the foremost four-season gardeners in the country.
By Barbara Damrosch

http://www.motherearthnews.com/organic-gardening/winter-gardening-tips-best-crops-zm0z13onzsto.aspx?PageId=1#axzz2gljzV6Zs

We're attempting some winter markets for the first time this year, but those aren't the varieties we grow. Cold has stopped tomatoes but still picking Giant Marconi sweet peppers, Tropea onions, spinach, kales, arugula & other greens.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

  • [Livingontheland] Winter Gardening, tradingpost, 10/04/2013