livingontheland - [Livingontheland] climate change getting too close

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: tradingpost <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] climate change getting too close
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 12:02:52 -0600

This climate change is getting too close to home. Chile production to the south is suffering. We have friends here in northern NM who have water rights to acequias but it doesn't help with little water to divide up.

We're keeping up vegetable production on a home well but it's Biointensive, water & labor conserving methods that make market growing here feasible. Learning from Jeavons & Coleman I switched methods several years ago to be better prepared for dryer conditions.

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/news/local_news/article_2060e4c5-5613-55c6-a341-68228e94cd99.html

paul Tradingpost@lobo.net