livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] raw vs processed milk

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] raw vs processed milk
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 02:31:35 -0800 (PST)

I almost liked the article, Paul

But that author can't remember or tell the difference between a dietary intolerance, which is caused by lack of digestive system micro-biota and enzymes, which causes bloating, cramps, farts ect, and food allergies, which causes rashes, hives, anaphylaxis, seizures and sometimes death.

I actually have both, the common Native American lactose intolerance, which means I can ONLY drink raw milk (processed milk makes me feel rather bad and heavily processed dairy products like Lactaide can make me sick/crampy for days) and I can still eat cheeses, tho the matured or traditional (raw-made) still go down more easily.  My food allergy is to something else and results in skin actually falling off my body after hives that are almost like bad sunburns (yeesh, not my fav) and I have been hospitalized for anaphylaxis which is better than a friend of mine who simply died.

This ignorance is so typical in this subject that I can only sigh, but man, a serious writer should know better.

Yours, Pego
---
FDA approves rBGH, rBST, hormones & antibiotics in our milk and meat, but raids raw  &finds raw milk harmful?
http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/raw-milk-homogenized-pasteurized-whole-fat-low-fat-skimmed-milk-infertility/