livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Feminism on the Farm

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Feminism on the Farm
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2012 21:49:30 +0100

Another one to think deeply about Paul. There have been many maternalistic societies in the past and there still are in Africa and Asia. Traditionally the Celtic women in most of Western Europe were definitely at the same level as the males. And female war heroes were not at all rare. I am quite certain that it was the rise of Christianity that changed all that.
Anyway, in my own family the females are the majority and some of them swing an ax as well as any man (to name but one thing).
john

Feminism on the Farm: Traditionally, agriculture has been a man's business http://organicconnectmag.com/wp/feminism-on-the-farm/#.UIVc3MWD_yU