livingontheland - [Livingontheland] 10 Farmer's Market Rules To Swear By

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org, OWL-OldWaysLiving@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] 10 Farmer's Market Rules To Swear By
  • Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2012 08:58:13 -0600

10 Farmer's Market Rules To Swear By

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bon-appetit/farmers-market-rules_b_1701704.html#slide=1304583

As a grower for 3 mkts a week, I can add more of my own.

ASK where the produce is grown. Local or where?

Watch out for resellers with the same stuff they have at the big box store.
Or it's from "my cousin down in the valley" somewhere.

ASK how they control pests, like spraying poisons, Roundup etc.

IF they're certified organic, ASK to see the required list of items actually
certified. Some might also sell other produce not certified.

ASK who does the labor, growing & harvesting. Fair Trade? I refuse to compete
with exploited workers getting $5 a day.

AND wait for discounts at the end of the day & you'll find US all SOLD OUT

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

  • [Livingontheland] 10 Farmer's Market Rules To Swear By, Tradingpost, 08/01/2012