livingontheland - [Livingontheland] kamut

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: <bob@4agoodauction.com>
  • To: <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] kamut
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 14:51:01 -0500

I do like the Kamut grain and it can be purchased along with Teff another favorite directly from farmers on line. My favorite prep method is to soak overnight to get all the enzymes going then put into a blender with a bit of yeast and get it to a pancake batter consistency.  Then I let it stand out at room temp and it will thicken. Roll it out or form into a bread loaf on a floured marble or chopping block and let it rise again then put it in an oven at 375 f or so on a stone and wait for it to get done.  Crunchy on the outside and a good peasant style healthy bread. If gluten is low I blend a few okra and or tablespoon of soaked flax seed and add in.  Eggs work but would have to be mixed in at the very last.

Bob c

  • [Livingontheland] kamut, bob, 06/26/2012