livingontheland - [Livingontheland] some helpful guides

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org, OWL-OldWaysLiving@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] some helpful guides
  • Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 11:31:11 -0600

I can't endorse fertilizer recommendations of course, but there are some
down-to-earth techniques in these. Everything needs adapting to your local
conditions. We're in NM not WI. I don't spend for commercial row covers but
use hoops & old sheets for early beds or summer heat. I cover earliest crops
*inside* a greenhouse (Eliot Coleman style) with carrots even getting a small
electric heater for best germination temps in March. I can't heat a whole
greenhouse so just heat inside certain covered beds at nite. Always looking
for new techniques & more, more, more information.

Might add, those who think growing must be a nobrainer with dumb farmers
doing it haven't tried and failed.

Growing Fresh Market Salad Greens
http://learningstore.uwex.edu/Assets/pdfs/A3904-01.pdf

market veg farming
http://www.cias.wisc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/grwr2grwr.pdf

Market Vegetable Gardens: Planning for Success
http://cru.cahe.wsu.edu/CEPublications/EM032E/EM032E.pdf

The most profitable plants in your vegetable garden
http://www.cheapvegetablegardener.com/2009/01/most-profitable-plants-in-your.html

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

  • [Livingontheland] some helpful guides, Tradingpost, 04/30/2012