livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Turnkey Homestead for sale in South Central Virginia (OT)

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Turnkey Homestead for sale in South Central Virginia (OT)
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 06:40:04 -0500

I am circulating this notice of a fully functioning homestead for sale in south central Virginia--looks like it could be quite an opportunity for aspiring homesteaders or small farmers looking to make a new start. I have known Joseph and Pam Gill for a long time and, though I haven't visited their place, feel entirely confident that it really is as good as in their description below.

Please note that if you are interested, you should get in touch with them directly, using the contact information given.

~Harvey

************************

Greetings fellow homesteaders!

We are excited to share our blessings with you all ... entering a new chapter in our lives opens the opportunity for someone to get in on 'the ground floor' of homesteading!! We have a 3/2 dwmh with outbuildings on 20+ acres* for sale. We're talking literally 'turnkey' homesteading; small flock of laying hens in a Plamondon-style hoop hutch with Premier poultry netting in a day-range setup, small herd of heritage breed (Red Poll) cows included with the sale, and the land is perfectly set up for homesteading/farmsteading/permaculture/what-have-you!

11 acres* of hardwoods and 9 acres* of improved pasture. The 5 pastures (naturally divided by tree line) are electrically fenced and ready for whatever you want to do with them. We put in a small, diversified orchard a couple of years ago and have already gotten a tasty harvest (peaches and pears), with more to come! Choose your garden site; go permaculture, raised-bed, rotational, your heart's desire is a reality on this fine piece of Virginia land!

We have followed better than "organic" principles, so certification (if that's your thing) would be a breeze :)

Great location on quiet, paved county road about 40 minutes east of Lynchburg and 15 minutes west of Farmville in Pamplin (Prince Edward County) Virginia, agricultural zoning and below appraised value!

Includes a second homesite complete with 911 address, well, septic and power pole ... bring the family, in-laws, like-minded farmers/homesteaders, etc!

Contact us by email at jnpjgill@gmail.com for further information and to schedule a showing! You can see our asking price (*only* $149,9) and a few low resolution pix @ http://lynchburg.craigslist.org/reo/2670644127.html

Joseph and Pam Gill

jnpjgill@gmail.com

Pamplin VA 23958

Zone 7b

* All acreage numbers = m.o.l. (more or less), the plat shows 20.15 acres and when we had it limed in 2007 at 1 ton per acre he brought and spread 9 tons.

--
Harvey in northern Virginia
www.themodernhomestead.us

My book THE SMALL-SCALE POULTRY FLOCK (Chelsea Green) is available at
www.chelseagreen.com/bookstore/item/the_smallscale_poultry_flock

  • [Livingontheland] Turnkey Homestead for sale in South Central Virginia (OT), Harvey Ussery, 11/10/2011