livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Michael Pollan: How Change Is Going to Come in the Food System

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Michael Pollan: How Change Is Going to Come in the Food System
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:29:00 -0600

Michael Pollan: How Change Is Going to Come in the Food System
http://www.alternet.org/food/152449/michael_pollan%3A_how_change_is_going_to_come_in_the_food_system/?page=entire

"Continuing to eat in a way that undermines health, soil, energy resources
and social justice cannot be sustained without eventually leading to a
breakdown. Back in the 1970s it was impossible to say exactly where that
breakdown would first be felt. Would it be the environment or the healthcare
system that would buckle first? Now we know. We simply can't afford the
healthcare costs incurred by the current system of cheap food--which is why,
sooner or later, we will find the political will to change it."

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

  • [Livingontheland] Michael Pollan: How Change Is Going to Come in the Food System, Tradingpost, 09/19/2011