livingontheland - [Livingontheland] 4 Desperate Ways the Hardest Hit Are Coping with Economic Crisis

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org, OWL-OldWaysLiving@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] 4 Desperate Ways the Hardest Hit Are Coping with Economic Crisis
  • Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 20:56:16 -0600

4 Desperate Ways the Hardest Hit Are Coping with Economic Crisis
People have to make difficult choices during tough economic times. Here are
four frightening ways people are coping with the ongoing recession.
http://www.alternet.org/story/152099/4_desperate_ways_the_hardest_hit_are_coping_with_economic_crisis/?page=entire

This is a hard read because the media won't cover it, because people don't
want to see what's happening. Myself I'm a retiree trying to make enough
extra by growing for farmers markets & eating - a coping strategy the article
misses entirely. We're among the relatively lucky ones, but in the end many
more of us will fail & join the desperate doing without necessities of life.
I have hardworking grown children elsewhere who can't get work that'll pay
bills, one a single father who can't afford day care to let him work. We've
pretty much dodged this kind of talk on these lists for years but it's
getting harder to avoid.

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

  • [Livingontheland] 4 Desperate Ways the Hardest Hit Are Coping with Economic Crisis, Tradingpost, 08/22/2011