livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Small-scale farming holds, key to cleaner future

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Liz" <liz@allslash.org>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Small-scale farming holds, key to cleaner future
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:09:19 -0400

But the stuff on the Internet about hungry hordes raiding gardens doesn't add up with me. Most wouldn't know there's carrots& potatoes in the ground underneath the foliage (or turnips, Ed). Besides, lazy, hungry people won't walk far when they run out of gas.

paultradingpost@lobo.net

Unfortunately for me, the hordes don't have far to go.

That's true for me too. I live in a very rural area, but there are going to be plenty of hungry people around here too, and most of them do know what carrots and potatoes look like in the ground.

Liz