livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Viewpoints: Small-scale farming holds key to cleaner future

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Viewpoints: Small-scale farming holds key to cleaner future
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 07:54:11 -0600

I hadn't noticed the comments below it. But entirely predictable. It's like
they see the warnings as some conspiracy threatening their comfortable way of
life. They think they have a choice and they aren't about to give it up.
Meanwhile 48% in a poll expect the economy to keep declining or foresee
Depression 2.0.

But the stuff on the Internet about hungry hordes raiding gardens doesn't add
up with me. Most wouldn't know there's carrots & potatoes in the ground
underneath the foliage (or turnips, Ed). Besides, lazy, hungry people won't
walk far when they run out of gas.

--Henry David Thoreau