livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] COSTCO chicken poisoning

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] COSTCO chicken poisoning
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 21:36:42 +0100

Following my first reaction. I just received a mail about an organic egg producer in Ireland who was just caught using invermectin on his chickens as a wormer. This is a deadly chemical to some breeds of dog. That egg producer here will have the sky fall on his head in the next few days bhut the rules are different in the US.
john
Friends,

If any of you buy chicken from Costco, you should be informed about a recent health hazard regarding Coastal Valley Organic Chicken. As of this writing, the states affected so far are Washington , Texas and Maryland .

One woman who feeds raw to her dogs bought the organic chicken and her dogs had digestive issues. The dog that threw up was weak and debilitated, but is still alive. The dog that didn’t throw up died. The vet who treated the dogs told this woman that she had not seen anything like this in her 40 years as a vet. A friend of the woman who feeds her dogs similarly also lost a dog.

Generally, there are far fewer problems with organic foods than conventionally raised and grown foods. But in this case, the chicken must have been contaminated. Feel free to pass this email along.