livingontheland - [Livingontheland] [KC No-Till] Grow Your Own Mycorrhizal Fungi - Our Latest Video

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Marty Kraft <martyk@allspecies.org>
  • To: KC No Till <kcnotill@googlegroups.com>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] [KC No-Till] Grow Your Own Mycorrhizal Fungi - Our Latest Video
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 07:11:05 -0700 (PDT)

Watch our Growing Mycorrhizal Fungi, Part Two. Filmed May 2011 at
Niles Garden and shows the growing of mycorrhizal fungi for use in
inoculation. This video follows an earlier film and shows
transplanting bahia grass seedlings into growing containers outdoors.
Updates will follow.

Our video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkJr7FUdqgM

Written instructions we followed, mostly -
http://www.rodaleinstitute.org/20101206_a-complete-how-to-on-farm-am-fungus-inoculum-production

***We have lots of bahia grass seedlings for anyone who can pick them
up. Please

Mycorrhizal fungi help put fairly persistent carbon in the soil,
increasing productivity and water holding capacity.
C Sequestration - http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/AR/archive/sep02/soil0902.htm
Soil Fertility -
http://newfarm.rodaleinstitute.org/depts/NFfield_trials/0903/daviddouds.shtml

Please adopt organic no till gardening methods and put carbon in the
soil not in the air.
http://organotill.org

Marty 816-333-5663