livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Vitamin D

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Vitamin D
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 21:38:33 +0100

Seems that natural living humans (mostly naked) have around 65-75 ng/dl vit D in their blood. Some doctors estimate that all disease could be reduced by 50% if that were still the case in modern populations. I think the average in the US is below 15 ng.
Vitamin D is made in our skin from cholesterol by sunlight (specific UV B). Sunbloc or sunning behind a glas window has a negative effect.
john

Vitamin D May Influence Genes for #Cancer, Autoimmune #Disease http://tinyurl.com/28ce25r