livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Michael Pollan - Deep Agriculture

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Michael Pollan - Deep Agriculture
  • Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 21:49:35 -0700

http://www.linktv.org/programs/michael-pollan-deep-agriculture
Michael Pollan - Deep Agriculture
Airdates
Airdates: No airdates currently scheduled.

Category: Documentaries
Regions: North America
Topics: Environment, Health

Link TV brings you celebrated author Michael Pollan (The Omnivore's Dilemma,
In Defense of Food) as he takes on the industrialization of the U.S. food
system, and proposes dramatic solutions to America's addiction to mechanized
agriculture and processed foods. This national obsession has spawned a health
care crisis, straining our medical system with epidemics of obesity and
preventable illnesses like diabetes and heart disease. And it's not only our
health that's suffering: the well-being of our planet is at risk from the
massive amounts of oil, coal, and natural gas needed to produce, distribute,
and refrigerate our food. "When we eat from the modern industrial food
system," Pollan says, "we are eating fossil fuel and spewing greenhouse gas."

But Pollan doesn't just sound the alarm -- he provides us with real
alternatives and answers. The movement for a healthier, safer, and more
environmentally-friendly food supply, spurred on by Pollan's own influential
writings, is already making positive change. "We suddenly find ourselves...
no longer holding a sign outside on the granite steps of the USDA or the
Capitol, but inside, with a seat at the table. The challenge now is to figure
out what to say." Are YOU ready to speak out?

LEARN MORE:
Michael Pollan's Official Website
Visit Link TV's Food Issue Page
The Long Now Foundation Blogs about Michael Pollan's "Deep Agriculture"
Michael Pollan Links Food Reform to Health Insurance (VIDEO)

  • [Livingontheland] Michael Pollan - Deep Agriculture, Tradingpost, 04/02/2011