livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Fire cycles and deforestation

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Fire cycles and deforestation
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 10:33:58 -0800 (PST)

I went in the 70s and simply couldn't think of it after the fire until the last couple of years so last year we ent through.  The post-fire reforestation is coming allong nicely now but you can still   see thousands of acres of silver treetops sticking out over the re-growth.

Yours, Pego

<<I went there around 94 or 95? and hiked through some southwest areas of it. I'd seen what I thought were big fires out here, but that one was huge, still plenty of ash and hillsides that hadn't been cleared of dead pine.> Rick>>