livingontheland - [Livingontheland] was LaDuke now weather

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Debbie McDonald <lbirke1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] was LaDuke now weather
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 15:22:04 -0800 (PST)

I prayed alot about this mega storm and watched for days, the news and then since early this morning, starting about four o'clock and they showed us getting this rain, then sleet and freezing rain, then snow, the rain was really strong, thunder storms with lightning and then daylight and it ceased a bit later and then WHOOSH, some south south west? winds just shoved her northward and we never got the freezing precip, except some fluttery tiny flurries that persist off and on all day. I am so grateful, I cannot stop saying thank you. Now to continue that with the plumbing issues:). I am also blessed the animals seem unphased. They've been out roaming and playing since noon or so. I have the goats and horse/ponies. They were wet to the skin early on(equines not my goaties) and I really dreaded seeing them with the progress but that is all well now. I go out momentarily to feed again.  I paid to have my pipes sunk three feet under but my crooked plumber did not do this. I ran the water in the house for a good long while a bit ago and it released some pressure after about fifteen minutes. The pressure is never very good in the house so this was an AHA. I wonder if I should leave that faucet running all night as opposed to a slow drip one would do in city circumstances? It's sandy soil so I thought the wetness will conduct the cold down more since wet. . Any ideas?  I hope you all are doing well in these weather trying times. My power is on:)
  I have kids due late May, Hopefully:). Last year Late Marthc till late April. It might work out well this year, but new buck so hoping for kids period:)