livingontheland - [Livingontheland] The Monsanto Rag

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] The Monsanto Rag
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 14:36:28 -0700

The Monsanto Rag
(Parody of “I Feel-Like-I’m-Fixin’-To-Die Rag”, by Country Joe McDonald,
Alkatraz Corner Music Co.)
http://www.synisterdane.com/music-6.html

* MP3 short clip, hi-fi play (broadband)
http://www.synisterdane.com/audio/PARODY_OF_I_RAG-The_Monsanto-3-clip-0-100.m3u
* MP3 short clip, lo-fi play (modem)
http://www.synisterdane.com/audio/PARODY_OF_I_RAG-The_Monsanto-3-clip-0-100-lofi.m3u

Well, come on all of you farmin’ folks
Ole Monsanto’s a blowin’ smoke
They got genetic freaks and corporate greed
You can spray anything but you can’t save seed
They’re changin’ Mother Nature’s rules
There’s new genes in the pool

And it’s one, two, three, what are we sprayin’ for?
Don’t ask me I don’t give a damn, it’s a chemical promise land.
And it’s five, six, seven, get ready to terminate
Ain’t no time to wonder why, you can kiss your farm good-bye.

Well, come on farmers get off your ass
Roundup Ready is here is last.
Sign away your privacy,
When you buy into technology.
Don’t ya be the last fool on the block
To grow genuine Frankenstein crops.

And it’s one, two, three, what are we sprayin’ for?
Don’t ask me I don’t give a damn, it’s a chemical promise land.
And it’s five, six, seven, get ready to terminate
Ain’t no time to wonder why, you can kiss your farm good-bye.

So, come on scientists, don’t go slow.
This world needs GMO’s.
There’s plenty good money to be made,
Choppin’ those genes, with the tools of the trade
Ya know were not God, yeah we’re throwin’ the dice
That’s what happens when you cut and splice.

And it’s one, two, three, what are we sprayin’ for?
Don’t ask me I don’t give a damn, it’s a chemical promise land.
And it’s five, six, seven, get ready to terminate
Ain’t no time to wonder why, you can kiss your farm good-bye.

Now, come on Mothers throughout the land,
Put your faith in Monsanto’s hands.
Now, come on Fathers don’t hesitate
To count your sperm… IT’S NOT THAT GREAT
It’s alright you can trust in me,
Remember DDT.

And it’s one, two, three, what are we sprayin’ for?
Don’t ask me I don’t give a damn, it’s a chemical promise land.
And it’s five, six, seven, get ready to terminate
Ain’t no time to wonder why, you can kiss your farm good-bye. (repeat)

  • [Livingontheland] The Monsanto Rag, Tradingpost, 01/20/2011