livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food Riots Return as Global Food Prices Reach Record High

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: paul@oneseedling.com
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food Riots Return as Global Food Prices Reach Record High
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 09:24:48 -0600

The problem is that countries like Algeria, because of their population vrs
tillable, productive land, are forced to import a large portion of their
foodstuffs.
In most cases this imported food is expensive compared to local grown and
those with lower incomes cannot afford to eat.
Because some religious and politically motivated groups have chosen to give
out food instead of helping solve the problem by teaching area appropriate
growing techniques, these problems will continue.
Rising fuel costs will only make the problem worse.
Paul the Skeptic

Sent from my iPhone