livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] We didn't expect this Great Recession either

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "John D'hondt" <dhondt@eircom.net>
  • To: "Healthy soil and sustainable growing" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] We didn't expect this Great Recession either
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 20:07:10 -0000

True, this is somewhat off topic, unless we like to eat three times a day

The Imminent Crash Of The Oil Supply:
Municipal Bond Market Crash 2011: Closer Than Ever
paul tradingpost@lobo.net

<< And you know what, I see a tiny spark of hope in these dire predictions. Your quotations at the end of your mai, especially Wendell Berry and Jerry Mander are seeing that as well I think.
Crashing is horrible, collapse is dire but if we don't we all and our space ship Earth will soon die without hope.
We are also in a desperate race with Big Brother and the only way we are not going to loose outright is if BB runs out of money. Chances of the door being bashed down by a swat team in the middle of the night will diminish which must surely be good for all of us who try to produce food in a traditional way. Of course there will be other dangers getting more important and the police might just no longer come then when you call them. We are going into interesting times as the Chinese curse goes.
john