livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Food in Uncertain Times

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Harvey Ussery <harvey@themodernhomestead.us>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Food in Uncertain Times
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:20:11 -0400

On 10/26/2010 11:11 AM, Tradingpost wrote:
Five days ago I passed on an excerpt from Food in Uncertain Times at
http://www.alternet.org/food/148562/food_in_uncertain_times:_how_to_grow_and_store_the_5_crops_you_need_to_survive?page=entire.
. .
Carol Deppe's book, The Resilient Gardener: Food Production and Self-Reliance
in Uncertain Times, is available from http://www.bookfinder.com/ as low as
$20. ~paul

Paul, thanks for posting the notice of Carol D's new book. (I have her book on breeding one's own vegetable varieties.) I definitely plan to buy it.

Also of interest was that the interviewer was Makenna Goodman, who happens to be my editor at Chelsea Green for the book I'm working on. Reading the interview is giving me a better sense of Makenna's work/perspective outside her work as CG editor.

~Harvey

--
Harvey in northern Va
www.themodernhomestead.us

My book, THE MODERN HOMESTEAD POULTRY FLOCK, will be published next year by
Chelsea Green Publishing.