livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Growing a Greener World -- The Rodale Institute

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Growing a Greener World -- The Rodale Institute
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 18:37:14 -0600

Maria's Farm Country Kitchen: Growing a Greener World -- The Rodale Institute
http://www.rodaleinstitute.org/20101013_marias-farm-country-kitchen-growing-a-greener-world
by Maria Rodale
Maria's Farm Country Kitchen

Watching yourself on TV is kind of weird. But I have to say, Joe Lamp’l (also
known as “joe gardener”!) made it really easy for me. He’s one of the hosts
of Growing a Greener World, a TV series on Public Television. Out of the
blue, he and his cohost Patti Moreno (a.k.a. “Garden Girl”) emailed the
Rodale Institute and wanted to shoot one of their episodes out there and
interview me and my daughter Maya.

So on a very hot August day (it’s amazing we don’t look more sweaty on the
show!), they came to Pennsylvania with their camera crew and interviewed us,
and shot some amazingly beautiful footage of the farm. They were so excited
about what they found at the farm that they hired an airplane so they could
get aerial footage! Most importantly, they captured the amazing results of
this year’s side-by-side chemical corn versus organic corn test results…. You
have to see it to believe it!

Normally I don’t care for being on TV, but they really made it fun and easy.
Growing a Greener World is a nationally distributed show about “the latest
trends in ecofriendly living,” plus gardening and cooking. They also filmed
an episode at this summer’s Seed Savers Campout, which I attended and wrote
about. Check out the show’s website, growingagreenerworld.com to see what
this great show is all about. And if you can’t get to the Rodale Institute
farm yourself for a visit, the show featuring it is the next best thing for
sure. It premieres this weekend, but times and dates vary. So check it your
local public-television listings, and tune it! Check here for your local
listing time.

Watch this trailer for the show to get a great taste of organic at the Rodale
Institute!

Growing A Greener World: Rodale Institute Trailer

You can listen to a podcast that Joe did with me as well. It turns out some
strange public-television editing rules made him remove the part where I
talked about the health problems associated with chemical agriculture, so you
can hear the whole story on the podcast. Or, if you want the FULL story, buy
my book, Organic Manifesto.

  • [Livingontheland] Growing a Greener World -- The Rodale Institute, Tradingpost, 10/13/2010