livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Predators and the soil

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Predators and the soil
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:22:56 -0700 (PDT)

Heh

Those fellows are nothing to take lightly :)  Perhaps you've got a Permaculture group near you?  That might be a relief.  A pack of folk who share similar attitudes toward live soils and predators.  Transition Town groups are also coming along but less likely to be in a town near anyone.

As to not liking wolves up close, well, all of the family I have up there, that live on the land, share my feelings. Figures, I've a pack of homesteading hippy cousins.  I'm only surprised they haven't joined a commune. The ones that don't, well they stopped farming because they couldn't keep up with industrial ag.  I think the wolf lovers won. Tho they do have a high fence around their veg (deer). I happened to like Great Pyrenees very well.  That is one *great* flock guardian and family dog.  My current dog is a Wheaten which might be worse for the small stock than the wolf.  Well, mebbe not, the Wheatens I meet are about as laid-back as a terrier ever gets.

Yours, Pego

<<Miss them in my present life although there still is the occasional adrenalin rush when our two year old bull wants to play rough.>john>>