livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] grasshoppers

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] grasshoppers
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:15:20 -0700 (PDT)

Night lamps attract grasshoppers.  You could certainly construct a trap under one.

As to the ducks, I've been very wishfull to try my hand with Runners or Khaki Campbells.  I've some friends who've been very happy with their bug scouring duties.  I'm told they're better about a garden.   It will have to happen when the HOA part of my homestead days are over.

Yours, Pego

  • Re: [Livingontheland] grasshoppers, Pego Rice, 08/16/2010