livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Despite gloom

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Despite gloom
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 14:23:09 -0600

from
Despite gloom, things are looking up for garden farming
by Gene Logsdon Jul 21 2010 by OrganicToBe.org
http://organictobe.org/2010/07/21/gene-logsdon-despite-gloom-things-are-looking-up-for-garden-farming/

Food production is moving toward decentralization, and that is good news.
With all the toxins and varmints and contrary weather and disintegration of
the economy, our best bet, maybe our only bet, is to spread out the risks of
food production to the largest number of people possible and that is
happening.

I am just amazed at the momentum of change in this direction. I could use any
number of news sources to prove the point but I am partial to the Ohio
Ecological Food and Farm Association (OEFFA) and Innovative Farmers of Ohio
(IFO) because I know quite a few members of these two organizations. I also
pay attention to the Northern Plains Sustainable Agriculture Society because
it is located in North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota. When you see
organic, sustainable, natural , small scale, diversified food production
growing vigorously in the very heart of large scale grain farming, you know
for sure we are on a roll.

  • [Livingontheland] Despite gloom, Tradingpost, 07/25/2010