livingontheland - [Livingontheland] Maude Barlow: Looming Global Water Crisis Pt 1

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] Maude Barlow: Looming Global Water Crisis Pt 1
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:08:55 -0600

Local market farmer Montgomery sent us this. I've brought up the subject many
times but Maude Barlow says it all and I didn't know her name before.

This is one reason I mulch. Here I'm on a pristine, unpolluted, closed fossil
aquifer, but with alfalfa fields sucking up the water and Santa Fe an hour
away and gazing lustfully at our county's water, how long will this last?

paul tradingpost@lobo.net

Maude Barlow: Looming Global Water Crisis Pt 1
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2452563840429862970#

A mighty contest, largely unreported in North America and Europe, is taking
place around the world concerning the ownership and control of the earthÂ’s
dwindling water supplies. Maude Barlow speaks to the looming water crisis and
the need for us to recognize water as a human right and ensure it stays in
the public trust. Maude Barlow is the Chairperson of the Council of Canadians
and a board member of Washington-based Food and Water Watch.

  • [Livingontheland] Maude Barlow: Looming Global Water Crisis Pt 1, Tradingpost, 07/10/2010