livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 250, Issue 7

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Dan Conine <dconine@bertramwireless.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 250, Issue 7
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 17:03:45 -0500

Message: 1
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 15:25:22 -0600
From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
Subject: [Livingontheland] Sustainable trend or marketing gimmick?
To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

We work two outlying markets but not in Abq. Bands? Espresso? Gimme a break.
Don Bowen, what is the power loss for storage batteries and inverters from DC
to AC?

Hi Paul,
I've seen inverters that run anywhere from 75% (poor) to 95% efficient, but as long as you stay under your solar budget, it doesn't matter. Sunlight is free. Where it becomes a problem is when you don't have enough batteries to last for a cloudy day. Then, they could confiscate someone's Prius (I'm sure there are plenty of those around) and steal their batteries....;-)

Dan C.
Belgium, WI

  • Re: [Livingontheland] Livingontheland Digest, Vol 250, Issue 7, Dan Conine, 06/12/2010