livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] sewage systems

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pego Rice <firekeeper38@yahoo.com>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] sewage systems
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 22:52:12 -0700 (PDT)

Fortunately the sight/smell of such biological systems seems far more attractive than our current systems.  It is still a water heavy system, but the water is all reclaimed.  Centralized waste system, as our current one is, both a negative in the sense of having to build and maintain an extensive system of fluid containment, and a positive in that people will not really have to change anything in how they live at home and the concentrated wastes offer up several useful byproducts like methane.  The areas of recovery are actually easier to integrate into a city than our current system; http://www.pflanzenklaeranlagen.de/englisch/constructed-wetlands.html

Yours, Pego

<<Several years ago when Lubbock was going to construct a new sewage system, I tried to get the city to construct a bioligical system.? At that time it would have taken about 2,000 acres of land.? Many cities around the world use it.? Proven system. The consulant would not even consider it, of course. Water leaving the system is drinkable it is so pure. Cost of operating it is almost nothing.>>
?
Ken H

  • Re: [Livingontheland] sewage systems, Pego Rice, 06/08/2010