livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] intermixing chix & turkeys

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Norma Sutton <sweetspringfarm@gmail.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] intermixing chix & turkeys
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 11:13:15 -0400

Doug turkeys can get blackhead from chickens IF the chickens are carrying it.  That's the only one I've every heard of and since I was already running them together before I found it out and the turkeys didn't croak my chickens aren't carrying it.  The other reason to not run them together is that toms are DUMB and will breed anything . . . including the roosters.  I lost a rooster to the tom early on.
Norma