livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] What Does Goldman Sachs Have to Do With Factory Farms?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: mdnagel@verizon.net
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] What Does Goldman Sachs Have to Do With Factory Farms?
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 11:42:58 -0500 (CDT)

Is this a rant against Goldman or, against livestock?

Will we also hear bad numbers about crops being produced in China?

If we didn't know any better one could extend this angle of attack to ALL crop production if based solely on corporate activities.

Grass farming is a whole different animal.  Just as organic, local crop production is totally different from corporate crop production.

-Mark Nagel
Everett, WA

May 25, 2010 07:08:31 AM, livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

>What Does Goldman Sachs Have to Do With Factory Farms?
>The firm is helping to export the environmental catastrophe of factory farming
>to China.
>http://pg.treehugger.com/work-connect/goldman-sachs-factory-farms.html
>By Rachel Cernansky | Thu May 6, 2010 18:56
>
>There's an ecologically-devastating element to Goldman Sachs' investments
>that has not and probably will not be mentioned in Congressional hearings about
>the company's (other) wrongdoings: The firm not only finances factory farms,
>but is actively helping to expand their use in countries not already overcrowded
>with their environmental pollution and animal cruelty.

  • Re: [Livingontheland] What Does Goldman Sachs Have to Do With Factory Farms?, mdnagel, 05/26/2010