livingontheland - [Livingontheland] agriculture, 21th Century-style?

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Tradingpost" <tradingpost@lobo.net>
  • To: livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Livingontheland] agriculture, 21th Century-style?
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 17:49:29 -0600

Here's a program that's blind as a bat to all that's going on in the country
today. Funny it doesn't reveal who's funding such a program - in a high
school no less. We happened to notice this because my daughter lives in Ft.
Pierce.

Reactions?

Westwood students will learn agriculture, 21th Century-style
* By James Kirley April 30, 2010 at 6:10 p.m.
http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2010/apr/30/westwood-students-will-learn-agriculture-21th/
ST. LUCIE COUNTY — A new agricultural program will begin this August at
Fort Pierce Westwood High School, one tailored for an age in which computer
programs steer tractors to plant genetically engineered crops using chemicals
harmless to nature. “We don’t need to teach how to put up fence or pick fruit
anymore,” said Ed Lounds, a member of the school district’s Agricultural
Advisory Committee. “It’s gone beyond that.”

--Henry David Thoreau