livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] A Balance Between the Factory and the Local Farm

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: yarrow@sfo.com
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] A Balance Between the Factory and the Local Farm
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 21:28:26 -0800

And he's obviously not a gardener, with that snooty attitude. I haven't read that "delightful" book, but no gardener I know is thinking primarily in terms of the bottom line. Not to mention that to get a $64 tomato, the author no doubt overbought or didn't amortize.

He would've done better to read the history of community gardens, The City Bountiful, where he would've learned that victory gardens during WW1 and WW2 provided a huge amount of food.