livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Cell Phone Antennas and Cost of Electricity!

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: Pete Vukovich <pvukovic1@yahoo.com>
  • To: Healthy soil and sustainable growing <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Cell Phone Antennas and Cost of Electricity!
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 21:23:18 -0800 (PST)

Actually there is another way to compare the two - its a little expensive, but if you can run everything from plugs you can buy a little machine that measures kwh using an inductance coil in parallel with the load (and draws little current itself) and compare that to your electric companies notion of what you used. The trouble here is you'd have to forgo anything that isn't coming from a plug,put one on each recepticle and plug in from that - but you could get a pretty reasonable measure of the variation. In fact if your meter is human readable you could probably measure it real time should you need a quick and dirty sample.